Wilderness & Remote First Aid Training
Mount Baker Council is offering a 16-hour Wilderness and Remote First Aid course that is certified by the Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI).
This course meets the wilderness first aid requirement for units trekking at national high adventure bases (Philmont, Sea Base, Northern Tier and The Summit) and for other backcountry outings. It is appropriate for Scouts and Scouters who want to become better prepared for emergencies. It also fulfills the core first aid requirement for the Venturing Ranger Award.
Attendees must attend BOTH sessions to become certified.
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Fire Mountain Scout Camp, 26027 Walker Valley Road, Mount Vernon
- Cost: $65.00 per person
1. Registered Scouter or Scout (age 14+).
2. Scouters must be “Trained” for registered position. Scouts must be at least First Class and have First Aid Merit Badge.
3. Minors must be accompanied by parent, guardian or unit leader.
4. Current Adult CPR/AED certification card prior to first day of the course. (Online-only courses are not acceptable. Must be certified by American Red Cross, American Heart Association, ECSI, or American Safety and Health Institute.) Optional ECSI blended learning Adult & Child CPR/AED course is available at extra cost ($20) — this course requires completion of an online interactive “classroom” portion prior to the first day of class and hands-on skills testing at 8 a.m. on the first day of class, November 11, 2017.
- Documentation: Submit the following documentation as part of registration:
- Current signed Part A and Part B Annual Health and Medical Record.
- Copy of current CPR/AED certification or date when course will be completed or enrollment in optional Adult & Child CPR/AED course.
- Documentation of current rank and First Aid Merit Badge (Scouts only).
Enrollment is limited. Please register as soon as possible. Registration deadline is October 6, 2017.
Wilderness First Aid November 2017 Information sheet
For More Information: Contact Joel Walker, Course Director, at email@example.com or (360) 929-9515; or the Council Service Center at 425-338-0380