It is time again for all Scouts, adult volunteers, and charter organizations to renew their membership with the Boy Scouts of America and pay their annual registration fees. All units in our council must complete and turn in their Charter renewal no later than December 31, 2019.
All though all our districts have already held their first Charter Turn In nights there is still time if you didn’t get yours in. There are several things to remember to make this process easier to handle and here are a few:
- If you didn’t attend Charter renewal training in your district please reach out to your Unit Commissioner or District Executive or District Director. They can help you get started.
- Announce to your unit members and volunteers the changes in the membership fees and collect them quickly.
- Make sure that you get completed adult applications for all new adult volunteers in your unit.
- Make sure that your adult volunteers are current with their training, especially Youth Protection Training. REMEMBER this is required every year from each of our Adult volunteers.
- REMEMBER this year there is a new document all registered Adult volunteers need to provide. It is the ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES & BACKGROUND CHECK AUTHORIZATION. A signed copy must be presented for each Adult volunteer.
- And, finally, let your commissioner or District Executive know if there is a problem. They stand ready to assist you with your Charter renewal.
Your Districts Commissioner staff and all the volunteers in the District appreciate your assistance and they stand ready to help. Getting all Charter Renewals completed and turned in as soon as possible lets us begin the new year with Program rather than Paper Work.
Thank you for your attention to this matter, and for the very important work that you do to deliver the values of the Scout Oath and Law to our young people.