Family Friends of Scouting Campaign
Each year we invite the families of our current Scouts, as well as some of our alumni, to contribute toward the actual cost of providing the services, personnel, events and facilities needed to support the 170 Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews, Ships and Posts served by the Mount Baker Council. It costs about $205 to support one Scout for one year so we ask families to consider that amount as they pledge to support Scouting.
The District Family FOS Chairs and their helpers have been and will be contacting each unit to arrange for a short presentation to your families. Some units believe strongly in the need for this campaign and conduct a very successful effort without district help but many appreciate someone from the district making the appeal. So what is expected?
1. Attend your district’s FOS Kickoff to get a clear idea of how the campaign works and to pick up the materials you’ll need. This will be covered in each district’s January leader’s Roundtable meeting.
2. You are also encouraged to set a unit FOS goal.
3. If you have not already done so, schedule a presentation with your District Family FOS Chair. The District FOS Teams are shown below.
4. Prior to the presentation, give a letter to each of your families announcing the FOS date and explaining the need.
5. The unit leader should introduce the presenter by handing in their own completed FOS pledge card.
6. The Unit is then recognized for their FOS donation with custom FOS patches for those who qualify (see article). There are camp discounts for Presidential, Gold and Silver level units. There are free Rank advancement patches for units that have 100% participation.