Trails End Popcorn is Phasing out the Scholarship program
If your Scout Sold $2500 or more in popcorn in 2019, they have until March 31,2020 to enroll in the Trails end Scholarship Program. After that date there will be no more applications accepted. Those who are registered will be able to add to their accounts for the next three popcorn selling seasons.
Why is Trails-End phasing out scholarship and enhancing
• Only 1 out of 5 eligible Scouts ($2500+ in sales) actually enrolls in the scholarship and collects their scholarship funds. This utilization is too low.
• TE Rewards has already released gift cards for over 96% of Scouts and the number increases daily. With TE Rewards, Scouts get what they earn.
• Scouts who claim their scholarship funds wait an average of 10 years, whereas with TE Rewards all Scouts claim their gift cards immediately.
• TE Rewards offers Scout families with more flexibility, as gift cards can be used to purchase Scout prizes or everyday items, or even be converted to cash and saved in a private scholarship account.
What do I need to know regarding these changes?
• Scout families must turn in their 2019 scholarship forms by March 31, 2020.
• Scouts enrolled in the scholarship by March 31, 2020, can continue to submit scholarship forms and their account will be credited 4% of their sales for the popcorn fundraiser in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Sales in later years will not be credited to the scholarship program. Sales after December 31, 2022, will not be eligible for credits to a Scout’s scholarship account.
• There will be no new Scout enrollments into the scholarship program after March 31, 2020.
• TE will continue to pay out existing scholarship funds to eligible recipients under the current scholarship program.
• Scholarship changes were decided by TE, not your local council.
• TE will be notifying Scouts who sold $2,500+ in 2019, as well as active Scouts enrolled in the scholarship program.