Cub Scout Packs thrive by recruiting
- Recruiting brings new kids and adults into the program.
- More scouts equal more fun!
- More adults equal more hands to help make a stronger Pack.
Recruiting is a team sport! Get everyone involved, including your Chartered Organization, Committee Chair, Cub Master, Den Leaders, New Member Coordinator, Parents and Scouts. Share ideas, set a goal and make a plan to achieve your goal.
Recruitment ideas may include:
- Host a spring Open House
- Schedule a Bring A Friend Night
- Participate in school events (Kindergarten registration, parent information events or spring carnivals)
- Have your Scouts wear their uniforms to school
- Participate in spring community events or parades
- Challenge your Scouts to earn the Recruiter patch
- Start a Lion Den, if your pack doesn’t already have one
- Add a Den for girls
Does your Pack already have an awesome spring recruiting event planned? Your Membership Committee would love to hear about it – email email@example.com. Our committee will put together a list of events to share with all packs.
Here are some great recruiting tips:
- Register and train a New Member Coordinator
- Make a recruitment plan
- Set a goal
- Have a parent welcome letter or packet ready
- Have a Pack calendar available
- Make sure your Unit pin is updated on BeAScout.org
Looking for resources? Check with your District Executive and Membership Chair. They have a lot of knowledge and experience to share. Check out the Membership tab on Mount Baker Council’s website. You will find more information on how to recruit Scouts that includes: downloadable resources, social media resources, graphics/images, recruitment idea booklet, interest signup sheets and more!
Spring is a great time to add to your pack!