For the sustainability of the Mount Baker Council and the youth we serve, the Mount Baker Council Volunteer Executive Board has approved a reduced spending budget for the 2020 calendar year based on the serious impact of COVID-19 on our current and projected income projections. As many of you have had to make much needed but uncomfortable decisions regarding your own personal budgets during the pandemic, the Mount Baker Council has had to make similar decisions regarding our 2020 budget so we can live within our means.
One of the decisions is changing the operations and hours of our Service Center’s Trading Post. Below are the key changes and the new service hours for the Trading Post.
- There will be no Saturday Trading Post hours at the Everett Service Center until the Everett community achieves Phase 4.
- The Everett Trading Post will be closed during 11:30 am to 12:30 pm due to the reduced staffing.
- To better coordinate services and sales, the Bellingham Service Center and Trading Post is closed until further notice.
- For those volunteers who need advancement awards, books, uniforms and other Scouting items, all Trading Post operations will be handled through the Everett Service Center. Units and individuals will be able to place orders through the Everett Trading Post via phone (425.338.0380) or email (email@example.com). Orders received by 4 p.m. will be shipped by the next day (shipping and handling fees will be added to order total), dependent on the inventory.
Everett Service Center Trading Post Key Information:
- Phone: 425.338.0380
- Email (for orders): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Store Hours: M-F 9 am to 11:30 am and 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Closed Store Hours: M-F 11:30 am – 12:30 pm as well as Saturdays.
- Note: Due to budget adjustments based on COVID-19 challenges, the Everett Service Center and Trading Post will be closed twice a month on Fridays. See the Council Calendar on www.mountbakerbsa.org for the dates.
- Special Note: The Bellingham Service Center and Trading Post is closed until further notice.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we all work to ensure our organization can continue to fulfill our mission of delivering Scouting’s values to our young people. We know that with the support of our volunteers and our community the Mount Baker Council can come out of this experience stronger.