To register for 2020 Scouts BSA Summer Camp at Fire Mountain, click FMSC.
Have an existing summer camp registration? Click here to access it.
The 2020 Scouts BSA Summer Camp Reservation Process
The Summer Camp registration platform completely online giving you more control of your registration. Under this system there are two registration periods, a “Pre-Registration” period and a regular “Registration” period.
#1 Pre-Registration Period – now until 1/1/20
For units that register during this period, a $250 deposit and an estimate of youth & adult attendance is required.
#2 Registration Period – starts 1/1/20
For units that register during this period, units will not need to pay a registration deposit but will need to specify the number of participant (youth & adult) slots needed for summer camp and pay the non-refundable $25 per Scout deposit. A minimum of 2 trained registered adults over age 21 is required. Female participants will require a minimum of one trained registered female leader over age 21. Two qualified adult leaders are required for EACH troop even if linked and sharing a campsite.
- Any unit may make a registration for any available session of Fire Mountain Scouts BSA Summer Camp for 2020. A non-refundable registration fee equal to $25 per Scout reserved will be due at that time and the minimum registration must be at least $250 (10 slots). The unit may select less than 10 slots, but the amount due will be a minimum of $250. The unit is now financially responsible for the number of slots requested (minimum $250).
- Individual names do not have to be specified at this time but can be if the unit chooses to do so.
- Units may add new slots (if space is available) as needed. Prior to confirmation (due 2/15), units can also reduce the number of slots. Once the registration contact has CONFIRMED the total number of slots, they must contact the council office to reduce the number of slots and the $25/Scout deposit is forfeited.
- After 5/15/20, all reduced slots are subject to a 25% refund fee. Units may make changes to names on existing slots until midnight on the Saturday before their arrival at camp but may not reduce the total number of Scouts.
Payment Due Dates
- Estimate Confirmation and $25 per Scout deposit – due by 2/15/20
By 2/15, units that made their reservation during the Pre-Registration period are required to confirm their estimated numbers (based on camp availability) and the camp fee due will be equal to $25 per confirmed participant slot. The $250 deposit made during pre-registration can be allocated to individual slots at this time. Do not confirm a slot unless you have a committed participant. This $25 per Scout deposit in non-refundable. If slots are not confirmed within 10 days, they may be released to allow space for those units on the waitlist for that week.
- Family commitment payment due by 3/15/20
This is the “skin in the game” for your Scouts and covers most of the refund fee should they cancel later in the season. For existing reservations, an additional $75 participant payment is now due for each youth slot reserved at this time ($100 total due for each slot reserved) and $75 per adult slot. The camp fee due for new reservations at this time will be equal to $100 per youth slot and $75 per adult.
Opportunity Fund Camp Grant requests must be submitted by 4/15. Available for in-council only.
- Final Payment and Registration Information due by 5/15/20
- Units supply all participant names and Youth Protection dates for adults attending camp by this time.
- Units paid in full may begin to select Merit Badges for participants when Merit Badge sign-ups open in late May/early June.
- Full payment for all camp fees is due by 5/15/20 to receive the early bird price.
- Units may make edits to existing slots until midnight on Saturday before their arrival at camp. If there is still space, units may add to the number of slots in their reservation provided full payment is made online and they can accommodate the additions in their campsite.