Scouting instills confidence, helping young people discover they can achieve more than they thought possible. That’s the uplifting message behind the logo and theme for the 2021 National Jamboree, which the BSA announced today. Using Scouting’s highest-profile gathering to deliver a distinct thematic message signals a bold new approach for National Jamborees. It ensures that the theme, “Face the Challenge,” will leave a lasting impression on Jamboree participants and our entire movement.
July 19th – 30th, 2021
Summit Bechtel Reserve, West Virginia
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Scouts and parents who are interested in learning more about attending the 2021 National Jamboree should register to attend the information session.
Youth Participant Qualifications
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of tens of thousands of Scouts, leaders, and Jamboree Service Team members that showcases everything that is great about the Boy Scouts of America. Over the course of 10 summer days, once every four years, the Boy Scouts of America gathers together. Scouts and Scouters who attend will explore all kinds of adventures—stadium shows, pioneer village, Mount Jack hikes, adventure sports and more—in the heart of one of nature’s greatest playgrounds. With 10,000 acres at the Summit to explore, there’s no shortage of opportunities to build Scouting memories.
- MUST have a current BSA membership.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian of any applicant currently 17 years of age or younger during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Submitted BSA Annual Health & Medical Record using the on-line Jamboree submission process. The AHMR must be dated on or after July 1, 2020.
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.