Posted March 2022
The Mount Baker Council (BSA), headquartered in Everett, Washington and serving the counties of Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, Island and San Juan is seeking a Special Event Fundraising Coordinator. The Special Events Fundraising Coordinator is a part-time employee of the Mount Baker Council (MBC), Boy Scouts of America and reports to the Scout Executive. The Special Events Coordinator works with Council staff, Scouting volunteers, and community organizations on development events that benefit the MBC, the Boy Scouts of America and its youth development programs. This position includes no benefits. The position is hourly, non-exempt, up to 20 hours average per week for 50 weeks per year with starting pay $25/hr, depending on experience. Business travel reimbursed at IRS rate and all approved business-related expenses reimbursed.
Special Event Coordinator is the lead staff member up to four events where he or she manages fundraising goals, event logistics, and volunteer management and recruitment. Managing a volunteer committee is a key objective of the position and requires a flexible schedule for early morning, day, or evening meetings. This position will also assist in other events as assigned. The days leading up to events or campaigns can require extra hours.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Event fundraising management, including developing and implementing of unique fundraising strategies related to special events.
- Budgeting and project management, including creation and adherence to project budgets and timelines for special events.
- Recruitment and retention of event volunteers, including developing and implementing recruitment plans and volunteer management strategies (as applicable) for events.
- Donor/participant relations, including managing special committees for events. This includes developing goals and objectives for committees, facilitating meetings and leading those committees towards successfully completing the established goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Scout Executive.
For full position description including qualifications or to apply: send resume and cover letter to Kevin Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org.