Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader!
- The Boy Scouts of America offers some of the finest leadership, team building and outdoor skills training available anywhere and the dedicated team of volunteer trainers in our council are anxious to serve you. It doesn’t matter if you just joined Scouting or have 20 years under your belt – there’s always something new to learn.
- Training is provided for all of our adult leaders; as well as our youth leaders because their training is just as critical to the success of the Scouting program at the Scouts BSA, and Venturing levels as it is for our adults. These older youth carry out the Scouting program and work with fellow members to reach program goals set for the year under the guidance of trained and dedicated volunteers.
- Our council understands the importance of training to the success of a unit and has adopted an official training policy which all units and volunteers must adhere to. Please read it below and while you’re here check out the various training courses and resources we have available for your Scouting success.
- Mount Baker Council Training Policy for Unit Level Scouting Volunteers
- Youth Protection Training including Venturing, Sea Scouts, and Exploring must be completed every year.
- A Youth Protection Training Certificate must be attached to all new BSA Adult Applications.
- All Leaders must be trained for their registered position to be re-chartered with their unit(s). New Leaders registered after October 1st have until the following year to be trained.
- The Mount Baker Council’s official training record validation will be “My.Scouting.org”, please keep it up to date.
- All waivers must be approved by Council Commissioner.