Through generous grants and contributions, the Mount Baker Council, Boy Scouts of America, is able to offer assistance to registered youth and adults so they may fully participate in the Scouting program.
Mount Baker Council Opportunity Fund Camp Grant Program
Opportunity Fund Camp Grant requests are completed online via the Mount Baker Council website.
To be eligible, the following guidelines must be met by the applicant:
- Registered within the Mount Baker Council prior to completing a Camp Grant application.
- Attending a Mount Baker Council-operated Summer Camp (Day Camp, Cub Scout Resident Camp, or Scouts BSA Resident Camp) or
- Attending an official Council or National Training Conference. i.e. NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training)
- Recommended by his/her Unit Leader (Committee Chair, Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, or Advisor) and Parent/Guardian. When a Unit Leader enters the information into the Mount Baker Council website it is their responsibility to ensure all parties are in agreement with the information provided.
We urge your assistance in applying for Opportunity Fund Camp Grants for those who could not attend camp without financial assistance.
In keeping with the philosophy of “pay your own way”, each applicant should pay a portion of the fee. Camp Grants are awarded based primarily on need. The more information about the Scout’s particular need, the better. The unit’s participation in Council-administered product sales, such as popcorn sales, will also be taken into consideration as demonstrating a concerted effort to raise these funds. The family and unit should also contribute to the cost of the camp experience. Camp Grants awarded will not exceed 50% of the early registration fee.
To allow time for review and response, applications for Opportunity Fund Camp Grants for Cub Scout Resident camp and Scouts BSA summer camp must be submitted by APRIL 15th and Cub Scout day camp grant requests must be submitted by JUNE 1st. If approved, the Camp Grant amount will be sent to the camp or to the training conference when registration of the individual is confirmed. Fees will be credited as camp payment in the Scout’s name within the Mount Baker Council online summer camp reservation system. The Camp Grant is dedicated to a specific individual and is not transferable to anyone else.
- Apply separately for each Scout needing assistance. All information requested on the application is needed when applying.
- Assistance will be considered based on need, the unit’s support of the mission of the Mount Baker Council including participation in the Friends of Scouting Campaign and Popcorn Sale.
- All requests must be submitted online by APRIL 15th for Cub Scout RESIDENT CAMP and Scouts BSA summer camp applicants. All Cub Scout DAY CAMP requests must be submitted by JUNE 1st. All Opportunity Fund Camp Grant applications submitted on time will be considered based on the financial need of the Scout in relation to the other applications received and available funds. Any Camp Grant applications received after their deadline will only be considered if there are funds remaining.
- The request will be reviewed by the council. Camp Grant awards and information will be kept confidential.
- After review, the Camp Grant recipient’s family and Unit Leadership will be notified.
- Assistance funds will be credited to each Scout when they attend the event they applied for. Funds are only usable by the individual whom the assistance was granted.
- Completeness of the information when applying will help determine camp grant allocations.
- Scouts are only eligible to receive one form of camp financial assistance.
Thrifty: A Scout works to pay their own way and help others. They save for the future. They protect and conserve natural resources. They carefully use time and property.
Questions please email email@example.com or your District Executive.
Step 1: The MBC Opportunity Fund Camp Grant Process & Worksheet is available here.
Step 2: Once you have completed all the information on the worksheet, click the link below to enter your Camp Grant request. (Opens 1/1/21)