REFUND POLICY RATIONAL
As a non-profit, donation-based organization, it is important for the council to show fiduciary responsibility. We are obligated to use funds wisely and in the best interest of all our members, particularly our youth. It is not financially responsible to return event funds to a non-participant at a late date because we will have spent funds on that participant. For example, program materials, patches, and t-shirts are ordered well in advance and can’t be returned.
MOUNT BAKER COUNCIL, BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
The following policy statement is applicable to all council and district activities where a fee is collected by the Mount Baker Council, Boy Scouts of America. Unless otherwise stated.
- Refund requests will only be considered if submitted in writing and mailed to the Mount Baker Council, Boy Scouts of America, 1715 – 100th Place SE #B, Everett, Washington 98208.
Summer and day camp requests will use the appropriate online refund request form linked to their registration.
- A Service charge of twenty-five percent (25%) of the actual fees paid, plus any non-refundable deposits, will be assessed on all refunds to cover the costs incurred in preparation of the activity and processing the refund.
- Written requests (online form used for summer/day camps) must be submitted 2 weeks or more prior to the start of the event. If the request is made with less than 2 weeks notice, there will be no refund.
- Refund requests submitted after the activity will be considered only for personal illness or family emergencies. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the activity.
- Consideration for a full refund will be considered for special hardship cases.
- Refunds of checks or credit card charges will be issued to the individual or entity paying the original fee within 30 days of receipt of the request pending its approval, expect for summer camps refunds which are processed at the end of the summer camp season.
- Unit paid fees are only transferable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for that specific activity.
- If an activity is canceled or postponed and the participant cannot participate during the alternate date (if any), the full fee will be refunded.
- For major activities which require a non-refundable deposit, such as council contingents to the National Jamboree, and Philmont, a full refund less the non-refundable deposit and any contractual agreements signed at the time of the request and the Council’s ability to fill the slot with another participant will be considered.